View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Teeth I'm so proud of my boy!

I've been posting on my blog about getting Thor to stay calm around skateboards, but nobody reads it, ha ha. Normally I just post there anyway, but I'm so excited I wanted other people to know!

First, I've been walking Thor on Heel for the past week or so, which he has been doing beautifully. In fact, he was so focused on me yesterday that a skateboard AND a scooter went by on the street and he didn't even notice!

Second, I've been going to a local skate place with Thor every week or so to help him learn to tolerate them. I usually spend about 15 minutes there with some jerky, so he has to really focus and fight to get the jerky out of my hand.

He's been getting gradually better, but we started at "psychotic rage", and sometimes it's hard to get pumped about the journey from that to "still barking and lunging, but slightly less snarly." TODAY though, he was really, really good! He barked a few times, but mostly he just sat and watched them, and I gave him some jerky every time someone did a trick (extra loud noise), or skated extra close. I can see the light at the tunnel! Let's hear it for my brave little guy!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!