Thread: CA to AZ?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I've lived in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Colorado, and now Arizona. If me and hubby could live anywhere (in the U.S., that is), we'd choose San Fran, Napa, or Colorado. I'd move back to Colorado in a heartbeat...I reallllly miss the mountains, the nature, the people, the feel of it.

I've lived in AZ for about 4 years now and it is lovely most of the year in terms of weather except for Jun-Sept when it's super hot and the Monsoon is here. I don't know though...Phoenix metro is an odd "metro" to me. I've traveled a lot, and most big cities have a real feel/energy and I don't feel that as much here. It feels like a huge bedroom community, for some reason. When we first moved here, I kept asking my hubby...."um, where is the downtown???" - bc there really isn't one, not the kind like most cities this size have, anyway. I will say I don't miss midwest winters one bit.

I feel like I sound kind of like a wet blanket about AZ. I guess I like it, but I don't love it like I have other places.

Lol, yes I agree, I still haven't found downtown, I thought they were hiding it somewhere. When we first got here, people would take us different places, and be so excited, downtown or even Mill Street, and well, lets just say, they have good pizza. I love California, so much to see, so many places to go, and the weather is perfect for growing so many plants. I love gardening, and it very difficult to find plants that do well here, I'm not a cactus person. However, my sons live here, so I live here too. It's a fairly good place to raise a family, and it just depends what you are looking for at this time of your life. It definitely better than many states I've lived in, but California was my favorite.

Join today and remove this ad!