Thread: Maci
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 06:33 AM   #5
nacke
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
So im probably just an over worried mama, and ive read alot saying this is normal, but i just need confrimation for my sanity.

Maci is now 4.5 weeks into her pregnancy. She has recently gotten some speckles on her belly that i thought was dirt, they are freckles!! Is it normal for their bellies to change this way?
What they are & why, I'm not sure. But they are normal. I've seen them many times in PG belly pics, my Halle had them, but I think they are gone now. She is due any day.
Nice to know, i just found it funny! And really wasnt sure..

She is very sleepy, she plays for maybe an hour a day, and snoozes the rest, which i know is ok. She also threw up a few times, it looked like bile. Would she still have morning sickness at this time?
Could still be morning sickness; should be ending soon.

The last few days are the only i've noticed her to throw up. So i was concerned, thought that would be over by now.

Also, she STINKS. Bad. Which she didnt come home to me smelling this way. It doesnt seem to matter how much i bathe her, she still STINKS. And her head mostly. Does pregnancy usually cause odors??
Don't have a clue about odors; never noticed it before.

Also she is hardly touching her food, when she was doing great a week ago. She picks at her kibble, and turns her nose up at wet food. I want to make sure she's eating enough!
Very normal. Her appetite will likely pick up soon, in the meantime, feed her anything that she will eat; have you tried boiled chicken?

She will eat crackers and cheerios, we will try some chicken. I did change her to puppy kibble, maybe she doesnt like it. Should i change her back to her kibble to see if she will eat that?

She is still not fat, by any means... Im guessing a few more weeks for that?
You can usually tell if they're PG by the 5th week, but they don't REALLY start to show til the 7th or 8th week.

We rolled her over on her belly this morning, and we did notice a tiny pudge in her lower area. For some reason i was looking at the top, do they show at the top or bottom? Its not noticable when she walks, just when she wants a belly rub.

And before you go beating me alive on this thread, please look at the last thread i posted. This was not planned, i just want to make sure everything is going well for her

Good luck to you & Maci!
Thanks! I dont know what i would do without you ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartpuppiepets View Post
Did you check her ears for infection? It is common for pregnant females to have yeast infection on the ears.

The bad smell comes from the head, could it be bad breath due to stomach upsets?

XOXO
Good thoughts on both! Her ears are clean, but ill clean them again. Its probably her vomiting without me noticing.

I was also considering trying raw, so her teeth will stay clean, and to simply she if she will eat. any thoughts on giving a pregnant female a raw diet?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!