View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Set backs and progress

Just a quick up date My wee girl has had food stay in and not run through now for the weekend and are now back on solid food at last.
We are still dealing with the fact that she running high and more excitable then normal.
We are dealing as well with her need to pee in the house. Which is a sign stress is still running to high and not settled down as yet.
Have put yet another call into behavior support and will see if we up one or both drugs or hang in a little more.
As we are still not sure if she understands where and how to ask to go out in the new house we are still assuming that we have a learning problem and not a total behavior crash which needs medical intervention.
If I where of the view that she doing it in spite or trying to express a angry or need to rule the house as we have moved then I alpha roll rubber her nose in it and scold. As I am aware that she not able to funtion at that level and this is about fear and a lack of mental focus, we handle it from love and calm and ok thanks for not peeing on the new carpet but the bathmat instead good start lets go from here.
Remeber this is a full house broke dog that is 6 years old, under non stress conditions never makes an mistake in the house. We start scolding for peeing that she can not help we have a crash and a dog hiding under chairs and beds shaking and in shut down.. no scolding in this house.
jL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!