View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
Wend
YT Addict

Rotate her toys, get those that have treats hidden in them. My dogs don't like kongs or nylabones either. I think she will do better as she gets older, right now she probably likes to play a lot more than an older dog who would be content to sleep a lot of the day. Do you leave a radio or TV on? You could try having the radio come on at a certain time everyday. The dogs will learn that the radio means the day is half over, or you will be home in an hour, etc. Have you tried hiding toys/treats around the area she spends her time in? You could do the same with scents (sleep with a teddy bear, have the other dog play with a toy, have a freshly washed one, one that was left out on the grass for a day, then put them in the kennel for her). You could get a rubbermaid container and put different things in there, dirt to dig in, toys, pillows, and rotate that. Also, I have treat toys taht I put my girls kibble in. So to eat they use the toys to get it. This keeps them busy and helps my Maggie slim down a tiny bit. It is hard to leave these guys, isn't it?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!