Thread: Pregnant? Help
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
lmperez
YT 500 Club Member

Default Pregnant? Help

Hi,
My daughter adopted a shih zu mix from the animal shelter July 10. She was a stray and was picked up of the streets on June 26th. They were suppose to spay her so we called for a pick up time. They were unable to locate her so As I talked to people who were looking for her two different people said "you mean the pregnant one?" I corrected them and said no I understand she is in heat and was going to be spayed before pick up. They said they deferred her spay and I would be responsible to spay he after her heat cycle. Ok I agreed. The day we were to go get her they physically could not find her. She was given to a rescue group by mistake and was to be returned the next day. Had her checked out by a vet said she was healthy and had about a week left in her cycle but I don't think it lasted that long. We took her on vacation to Idaho July 25 and she did weel until the ride home Aug 3 a week later. She threw up 3x one day and 2x the next. I made an observation to my HUbby that she seemed depressed or withdrawn and she went off her food for about a week or so. (Aug 4-Aug 12) The she acted as if she was staving. This past weekend I noticed that her tummy seemed larger. She is not chunky all over just in the belly and it is all underneath her. I can still feel her spine and her ribs. I started thinking maybe pregnant after someone asked if she were pregnant. She apparently was pregnant in the past because her teets are larger than normal and the vet said it as well but they are still large. I can't feel any movement and I don't hear any heart beat. Dates aren't really making sense maybe false pregnancy? ANy one have pictures of stages or weeks of pregnancy? Any thoughts? She is about 6.5 lbs not sure what she weighs now.
lmperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!