View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Apple View Post
I walk Apple every morning and evening for about 30 minutes...She doesn't pull ahead and try to run, but she wants to take 10 steps, then sniff sniff, pick up every leaf, twig, pebble and I give a short tug, and we walk a little further, and it goes on and on...I want the walk to be about constant exercise for her (cardio, etc.)...I'm o.k., because I do the treadmill each morning...Is there anything I can do to encourage her to just get w/the program? If she sees a bird, person or another dog, she's more than willing to get going, other than that she just wants to lolly-gag...I don't want her walk to be an unpleasant experience, so I don't make a big deal out of it, but I do tire of the walk, sniff, tug, and repeat, twice each day
Do the opposite.... teach her go sniff and the more you send her away and allow a behaviour the less fun it is and the more she will come to you.

Plus she needs to explore her world see whos been around pee up trees and talk to other dogs in that manner.. it just talk.. pee tree left side oh that that dog and the one over her is the dog i hate got to pee on that.. it is dog talk and dogs should be allowed to do that.

then exersie what about fetch instead.
what about dog agility.
what about teaching heel i nthe proper form and then she will understand what you need but remeber to let her go sniff to talk to other dogs and see who been peeing around the hood.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!