View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
Cirlonde
YT Addict

Well, I'd love to tell you about my proposal story! It may not fit for your relationship, but it was perfect for me.

First, a little background info. My husband and I had been dating for a while (like...5 years) so he knew a lot about me and had had time to collect various mementos. Also, I absolutely LOVEto read.

So, my husband found an old book at an antique store called A Steadfast Heart. The book itself didn't really have sentimental value, just the title and the fact it was a book. Then he glued little souvenirs of our relationship all over the front cover; like...a unique picture we'd taken of our shadows holding hands, a movie ticket from the first movie we saw together, a duck feather that he'd picked up on a walk we'd taken, etc. Just random things that only meant anything to the two of us. He wrote a sweet message on the inside page of the book and then cut out a big square in the middle to put the ring inside.

He drove us out to a small lake/park that we'd spent a lot of time at and took me out on the pier there. He gave me the book, and while I was looking at it he got down on one knee and proposed. The rest is history! Oh, one more thing...I'd always stressed that I did not want the whole public proposal...not in a restaurant, not at a sporting event, not in front of my family. I can't stand being in the spotlight, so he was careful to avoid that!

Good luck on writing your own romantic story!
-C
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!