View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 06:14 PM   #77
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Smile

Size, pedigree, sex, and pet or show quality has a lot to do with the price, as well as state or country you live in and the situation the breeder is in.

I paid 3,200 (female) for one, 2,350 (male) for another, and 1,500 (female). for the other. The first two are for showing. The last was taking a chance due to her being a puppy. She is a doll and what a body, but I am worried that she will just stay small - 3.5 ponds at 5.75 months. At that size - can't show her and too small to breed even though she has a great pedigree and looks great! I am very pleased with my babies.

I had a 4 pound female I was showing, years ago, and looked gorgeous- just a small package. Judges would not give her the points - they thought the points would be wasted on her, since we might not be able to breed her. This is what a judge told me. She loved her - just too small.

The price is what you think is what "the yorkie" you think is worth it!
People can charge what they want, but doesn't mean they will get it unless you are willing to pay it. And that would be only if you think that it is a good price.
T.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!