View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #10
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie786 View Post
Price had a successful surgery . He is still with the VET. I will bring him tommorrow. It was a long last night preparing for his surgery. Tonight will be longer. They had to deepen the groove, tighten the ligaments and put apin.

I was told that I could give food tommorrow. Can I give Yogurt(yoghund). He likes slices of turkey. CAn I give him that. Also his daily routine has Blueberries and Peanut butter.

Also please help me how to take him for his daily routines
Just seeing this. I am glad that Prince's surgery went well. Having been through it, I can appreciate what you are going thru. Hot Rod ate at first since he had to fast before his surgery but then refused food for a day or so. Vet said it was unusual but when he wasn't eating, he thought that maybe his pain meds was upsetting his tummy. He took a little time to get back to normal eating-although that is an oxy moron in itself as he's the pickiest eater there is.

We used a pad until we felt comfortable for him to be outside. I would put him on the pad and then let him figure out how he was going to stand with me ready to catch him (in case). We waiting probably a week before attempting to do his business outside and then we carried him and only put him down to do his business and carried him back in. It is so hard to see them this way but it will be so much better in the long run when you see that he will be so much better. Please feel free to pm if you have any questions! Hugs to you and Prince.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!