View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:58 AM   #13
PiePiper
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie View Post
No one knows when it's time but you, the one who has loved him through good times and bad for his entire life. You'll know by looking in his eyes when the pain of living has become too much. In the wild, nature makes that decision. But we took them out of nature, so we inherit the responsibility of stopping the suffering when there's nothing else we can do for them. It is not an easy decision, but you'll know when it's time. My heart aches for you. Just know that he will never really leave you. You'll have memories to last a lifetime.
When I found out Chipper had cancer the vet told me that he had 6-8 weeks left. He told me that I would soon have to make that difficult decision to let go. I asked the vet, how will I know when it's time and he just said you will know. The day came when Chipper told me. I just looked into his eyes and I just knew that it was time. His beautiful brown eyes spoke to my heart. I still cry when I remember that soulful look but I know that Chipper said it was OK to let go.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!