View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
mnewco
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Need ideas on how to keep Niyah busy

Niyah is my first Yorkie. I got her last month as you all know by now. She is 2 years old.

She just loves to sit in my lap or lay down beside me on the couch when I am watching TV which I will be doing a lot now that Football season has started.

Out day so far consists of getting up in the morning, first thing we do is go outside to potty and then I feed her breakfast. As she is gulping down her favorite food in 3 bites (Nature's Variety), I turn the TV on and catch some shows I taped on my DVR. When she is finished she puts her paws up on the couch to let me know that she wants up so she is now trained to turn a certain way so I can pick her up easily with one hand.. We lay there for a while and then Blinker, one of my Sphynx cats comes down for breakfast and Niyah notices her right away and she gets down off the couch by herself with no problem and barks at the cat trying to get the cat to play chase. But the cat doesn't like to play chase so Niyah continues to bark at her. After a while she gives up and comes back to me.

Sometime during the day after going potty several times aday, we play with this tiny cat pillow becaued it is her size. They she gets borde with that. We watch more TV until it gets cooler outside in the late afternoon and then we go for a walk which is her favorite thing to do. Let me tell you, if it is a cool day out, she can walked a very long way but if it is still too hot for her, she walks a short distance and then I pick up my poor baby and carry her the rest of the way home. Once we are back I sit down with her toy and she sometimes wants to play with it and sometimes she doesn't want to and just wants to sleep beside me on the couch watching TV.

Then before we know it, bedtime is here and so I go on YorkieTalkd for an hour os so and then we head to bed.

What other suggesstions do you have for entertaining Niyah, I like to also give her some independence
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!