Thread: Laser Spay?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #13
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettysmith View Post
Laser spay is done the same way as a regular spay, only using a laser. The laser cauterizes the blood vessels as it "burns" instead of cuts the skin and underlying areas. It is less invasive, less bleeding, and normally a faster healing time (because it is less invasive). Our clinic (that I manage) has had a laser for 8 years. We bought it mainly to do declaws on cats and we will not do them any other way which means owners have no choice for a declaw. We do charge extra for any other type of surgery as lasers are very, very expensive. That is why a lot of clinics don't have them yet. Hope this helps.
Thanks for educating me.
So it could be that i am getting the "laser" treatment all along and never new. Our vet incisions are very tiny , heal fast , and have no stitches, mostly he does absorbable stitches and surgical glue. For emergency C-sections he does the staples but they heal soooo fast too.

I will ask if i remember just to be more "up-to-date" .

Thank you so very much !!!!

XOXO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!