View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Princessangela3
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartpuppiepets View Post
it is normal for moms to loose a looooottttt of hair after the litter, therefore one of the reasons responsible and conscious breeders do not breed every heat cycle. Make sure you keep feeding mom well balanced food, she is in need to replenish her own reserves. Do you feed a premium food? We feed a dry premium food. If she is "emaciated" you can keep her on puppy food premium of course, for a couple weeks and then starting changing to the adult food.
Keep up with the good food and she will soon start to regrow a gorgeous full coat again.

is this your first litter?

XOXO

She is fed Chicken Soup For the Puppy Lovers Soul as her kibble while weaning when she has completed her weaning then she goes back to dog lovers soul, she is fed eggs for breakfast with kibble mixed in and for dinner she eats boiled chichen, white rice, carrots, and american cheese mixed with kibble. I bathed her 1 1/2 weeks ago (useually it is weekly but I fell behind this week) when I last bathed her she did not have this hair loss. She doesnt seem to have any other issues...shes happy, playing, eating all normal. Yes this is my first litter.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!