View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
aallison
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Teeth Hello I'm new and excited to be a Yorkie owner

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Angela and I am owner to a very smart, pretty and vivacious yorkie named Alexis, or Lexi for short. Lexi was born on May 5th to my sister's pure bred yorkies, Bacon and Paris in Phoenix Az. She is an only child. I went and picked here up at 6 weeks of age and we made the 16hr drive to Texas. She was soo good. I know 6weeks is young but she was already 2 pounds and doing very well. She had no blood sugar problems. The trip was a great time to socialize. She loves people and has no signs of aggression. At 9 weeks of age I started training. She is now 3 1/2 months old and weighs 5.2lbs and she can sit, beg, shake, heel, and lie down. We are still working on come (too excited sometimes) and roll over(very hard). We are also still working on potty training. It is taking longer because I have to keep her in a utility room with paper at night and while at work. I do the crate training method when we are home. I have 2 kids but they have been away all summer so have only gotten to see Lexi for one week. Lexi loves my husband and knows he is alpha male. She minds me but I am trying to stop her from biting my feet and pants. She has put a hole in two pairs now. Any help you can suggest is welcome. I am also trying to find info on agility training. I am so glad to be a part of this group.
aallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!