View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #12
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

You are in Appleton! I use to live there from the time I was 14-15. Most of it all winter - too much snow for me! My mom still lives there and my gandparents use to when they were alive. We lived near an old school that had a cool slide and huge swings and there was another school just down the block.

So you want to breed because... why????
Now, if you think you are getting into this to make money, think again. Infact they busted a puppymill in south GA yesterday and was on the news stating that the reason so many are being busted now is that they have way too many dogs (85), because of the recession they are Not selling many purebreds now. They cannot sell their pups. Times are tough and people are not buying as much as before. I am glad the mill was busted but feel so sorry for the dogs. So do not think you can make any money on raising puppies. You have testing, shots, vet checks, up keep, and a lot of stuff to buy, etc...not to mention if your girl needs a c-section. C-sections are a lot. Do you have money to waste and do not care to loose it? This is not a good investment!! It is very expensive. So unless you are wealthy and have the extra money to waste, I would not recommend it. Also yorkies just do not have pups on their own. There are cords to tie, bags to open, fluid to get out, etc... Are you sure you are up to this?? I had to reach up inside one of my girls when delivering and turn to pup, since the arms were caught up inside. It is a lot of intense work and things you need to know to help your girl whelp a litter. This is one reason too I do not breed often, it is scary and I love my girls deeply. I worry so much for them.

If you intend to buy, I would only buy AKC registered - JMO. That is all I have and will only have. And it should never cost more to buy a pup with an open registrations. I would never buy from someone that did this. You have to wait and see if the pup is to standard and that takes awhile to find out - they need to be adults. You need to learn about the standard and know how to judge a dog to see how close it comes to the standard. Once it grows up it might not be good enough to breed. So there is a lot to learn first.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!