View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

I feed it to Joey, and we went through many different brands before I could find one he liked. He's been on it a couple years and is doing well, we recently tried switching to a higher rated brand, but he was allergic to one of it's ingredients, and produced excessive tearing with brown gunk in his eyes, so we switched back. Finding the right food and one they enjoy can be challenging. While some dogs are allergic to corn, the majority aren't, and corn mixed with other amino acids turns into a protein, but it should not be the primary source of protein, and with RC it isn't, chicken is the first ingredient. Also RC says that it contains a tartar inhibitor, and since tartar is such a huge problem with yorkies, this was of value to me. Joey's teeth, at three, are spanking white, but we do other things to aid with this, as well. The company itself has a good track record for safety, and this appeals to me. Joey's coat is very shinny, and he never gets any digestive upsets, vomiting, diarrhea, or gas, his poop is small and virtually has no odor. So while it isn't rated at the top, I have been very satisfied with the results.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 08-15-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!