Thread: New Yorkie Mom
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
terrierfan
Yorkie Talker

Default New Yorkie Mom

Hi everyone, I had no idea this website was even here. I first want to tell you about my little girl named Lacey. I work at a specialty animal hospital in which Lacey came in abused back in November, we fixed her up and sent home with AWEFUL owners. She came back again in March (barlely alive). I was so upset I told the doctor this owner need to surrender Lacey or so won't be so luck. We even called Animal control. I told our doctor if this owners agree to surrender Lacey Im going to take her. To my surprise owner agreed. So now Lacey is mine and I can't be thrilled. I love her so much. Even my cairn terrier does too. I think she thinks its her baby. I had Lacey since March and she goes everywhere with me including work. She is so scared of people, but she is realizing people aren't so bad and isn't going to hurt her. Poor thing doesn't even know how to play. When I try she runs into her kennel and hides. BUT lately Im having trouble with her eating habbits. She has always had a wonderful appetite (she was under feed) but since last Saturday when I feed my girls Lacey goes and hides with tail tucked under her and ears down. My other dog doesn't bother her ( I watch them when they eat). I haven't changed any dog food on her. I even had one of my doctors look into her mouth to see if it might be a tooth issue going on. NOTHING. But here's the twist. When I bring the food to her and sit on the ground with her, she jumps into my lap and eats her food like a champ. OR she wants me to hand feed her. I don't want to get her into this habbit. But I don't know what to do. If I don't do this she won't eat at all. I know she's not sick because shes jumping around like a crazy dog and wanting to go on car rides. Please help a desperate Yorkie owner. Any suggestions
terrierfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!