View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 03:35 AM   #15
Lula-Mae Famous
YT Addict

After work we continue to do our potties, and eat some food before we go to the park or for a long walk into town.
Yesterday we went downtown and found a new friend named Cooper and they "chase" played for a while. Today after work we have a playdate with another yorkie down the street that also likes to "chase" play.
Newburyport, MA is such a dog friendly little sea port. There are friends to make behind every corner. I dont even need to bring her foldable water bowl (one les thing to tote around in her baby bag) becuase most of the shops have dog bowls outside.

After our daytime activities (before dinner) we sit down to train. I put aside 15 minutes for this. The 15 minites is for ME (ok do i have treats ready? where is that freaking clicker? is she eating the brick?).
Taking QuickSilver's advise I am doing tricks until she seems to be slowing down, then we do one last "sit!" she gets a bigger peice of treat and lots of praise. Right now she likes her non-fat string cheese but that can suddenly change. *sigh*

I go back and forth between treats and toys, she doesnt always get a treat either. Im trying to get a result of her obeying comands even if she cant see the reward. The hand that I use to do her comands (she knows sit without me saying it) doesnt hold the food.

I have been told not to use her kibble as a training treat for various reasons so I think Ill stick with the toys and treats. Like I originally said, she isnt very food motavated so kibble isnt going to do me any good. Up until recently it has been a struggle to even get her to eat that. :P

I think ending her training on a fantastic note. is helping, she will sit and look at me like she wants more now. I may do 2 short sessions a day, I just hope I can fit it into her already busy day.

(a few days ago on one of our walks we were stopped by a local photographer, she posted my little Lula-Mae Famous online. Im going to post the pics in the pic forum under Mrs. Famous, in case you want to check out my little spoiled brat)
Lula-Mae Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!