View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #14
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula-Mae Famous View Post
haha, when she loses interest, so do i... i doubt it will last 15min but that will be the time I put aside for it.
Thank you!
Ok so you are training to long and need to slow it down.
Rule of thumb is train only in the commercial breaks of one, one hour show and that is enough for the day. There is no reason to even split that into two half hour shows twice a day. For me every interaction with my dog is training time andso are yours as well we just tend not to think that way so a quick sit for a meal or to go out reinforces what you want to just be there when needed.
Also instead of feeding supper or breakfast use that for training treats instead.
You should be taking out the valume of treats you use to train from thier food anyway. Plus it does not really need to be treats it can be word and touch and play instead.

I have one dog that will do a jig for good boy.
Another the will do anything to play with a ball.
I know of one that works for sheep poop.... yes that gross but we are talking an aggressive dog and we needed him to work.

So trick is to try lots of treats ans see which one works for him and use that along with the normal kibble... he will start to wonder what to do t oget the gog stuff and even work just for kibble.

JL

Last edited by YorkieMother; 08-15-2009 at 12:32 AM.
YorkieMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!