View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #15
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurebeauty View Post
One of my females has a schedule c-section before, it's because the X'ray shows the puppies are growning too big, and the mom is not able to deliver them. So my vet decide to do a schedule c-section.

We wait until the water break, and run to my vet's place to do the c-section, so this way, we are sure the puppy is not taking out earlier than they should. But we have a problem after the puppies are born... The mommy does not have milk to nurse them. So for the first three days, I have to beg my other female who currently nursing her 4wks old babies to help me nurse these new born babies.

I don't know if it would happen to all the females, but I just feel like a female will take more time to produce milk if the puppy is born from a c-section. (at least for my case^^)
Again, Thanks so much for posting !!!!

I never had milk problems or the mom not recognizing the puppies, the C-sections we had all went well, except the one we lost the puppy and that was not in my regular vet, but in the emergency... it seems whoever is there comes and i am just thankful the mom did fine and we got her spayed .

My only fear of waiting until the water breaks is to have to run to the emergency vet again....

Do you remember how many days after the first tie? I mean your c-section was performed?

Her next appointment is tomorrow @3:00... so i will post if we have any news, but she is HUGE already ... it does not look like a singleton at all...
we will know for sure tomorrow.

Again, I really appreciate all the answers, i really do ...

XOXO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!