View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirlonde View Post
So, I've been aware of the terrible PetSmart grooming stories for awhile, but what about PetCo? Anything similar with them? My vet recommended our PetCo because they are clean, require shot records, and her other clients who use them had good things to say. I know you can necessarily judge one store by one across the country or anything, but I'm curious!
-C
I'm sure that's true. You can always go and check out their facilities and see what you think.

A few dogs have died in PetSmart's care, and a lot of people here have had less extreme, but still unpleasant experiences -- dogs coming back with abrasions, nicked ears, dogs coming back really scared, really bad, slow grooming jobs, etc.

I am also scared to cut Thor's nails. I think a 4 hour grooming window is normal - the dog is crated for most of it. If you check out Yelp.com, you may find some good groomers in your area, or maybe your vet or breeder can recommend someone. Or you can ask here. Apparently you can also just bring a dog to get its nails trimmed for a nominal fee and do the rest yourself.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!