Thread: fussy puppy
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
Princessangela3
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sferrini View Post
Yes, he was only 2.25 oz when he was born, he is now bigger than his sister and weighs in at 1 lbs 5.7 ozs. I supplemented with Esbilac when he was first born only for about a 1 1/2. Between that and me making sure he was eating every two hours from mama and getting the best teet he gained like crazy.

I have not tired the karo syrup, I thought I had read that someplace but I wasn't sure, I will try that.

I am also wondering if he might be a bit constipated, it seemed like he had somewhat of a hard time pooping this morning.

Another question...how long will mama lick the poop off of them and eat it? (yuck). I know they are going because I have seen them but when I look in their box their is never any poop.
I rushed a pup to the vet a couple weeks ago because he was drooling, shaking and not doing much else. I thought he was having seizure Come to find out he was just constipated and we found this out and our baby recieved a warm water enema for $77.50!!! Good news was the vet said the best medicine for a constipated puppy is 5-6 drops of prune juice. She said we could use more but to start with 5-6 drops and check a couple hours later. This has worked WONDERFULLY for us! We have used this a couple times now with great results and if the pup isnt constipated the prune juice doesnt hurt them.

Last edited by Princessangela3; 08-13-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Princessangela3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!