View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #285
DooiesMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepixie12 View Post
Hi this thread is unbelievable!! Im so making the Loe's cookies tonight!! Does anyone have a reciepe for treats that has Oatmeal, Bananas, Pure Maple Syrup or honey or carrots? That is what Maxi likes lol.

Thanks!
***NOTE***
I MADE THIS ONE UP!!!

I just wated to post it for you, but I have NEVER tried it. I took a human recipe, and changed all the "bad-for-dogs" ingredients to "ok-for-dogs" ingredients.

Maybe if you try this and it doesn't turn out, you could offer some suggestions on how to improve it.

I always experiment with treats for Dooie using the things he likes, so I though I would do one for you

BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES

Oatmeal cookies with a banana twist
Banana ripening: 2 weeks
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Time to table: 1 hour
Makes about 30 cookies, easily doubled
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup real Maple Syrup
1 very very ripe banana
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup rice flour (fluffed to Airate)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1-1/2 cups oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick, not instant)
Preheat oven to 350F.

Gently warm honey and syrup in the microwave.
With an electric mixer, thoroughly mix in honey, syrup, banana, egg white and vanilla.
Add the flour, baking power, and baking soda into the mixture only small amounts at a time.
With a fork, gently fold in dry ingredients.
Now use the mixer to combine all the ingredients together.
Stir in oatmeal.
Drop dough by tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.

Bake for 11 – 14 minutes until set and golden. Cool 5 minutes only before removing from tray (do not skip this step or cookies will stick)

***NOTE***
Question: In many veterinarian sites they say that baking powder or soda is really harmful for dogs. So I really want to make a cake or treat for my two dogs, but I am not sure if baking powder is safe?

Chef's Answer ~ You should not feed your dog straight baking powder or baking soda, but using a teaspoon or two in a dog cake or other dog treat should not cause any problems.

FYI
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!