View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Rooziedoo31
Yorkie Yakker

Default Won't let me near her mouth!

I have been working very hard on training my 15 week old yorkie. She knows lots of tricks and is just so smart. She is even doing really well with her potty training and hasn't had an accident in her crate in over 2 weeks! She doe have her days where she likes to be a brat (I'll tell her to come and she'll either lay down or look at me then walk the opposite way ) but for the most part does very well.

The problem right now is that she hates to be groomed...well she loves to be brushed and doesn't really mind the blow dryer (and is even getting better about her baths) but it's almost impossible to clip her nail, the hair on her paws, and if I try and get near her mouth she FLIPS out!

The vet told me I needed to work with her (esp. on getting her to let people in her mouth) and I have been trying for almost three weeks with little to no improvement.

I have tried just forcing her so that she gets used to it...I've tried waiting till she's tired...I've tried making a "trick" and telling her to "show me your teeth" and then opening her mouth and giving her a treat but everytime I try anything she shakes her head and flips out!

Anyone have any other tips? We go to the vet in about a week and I'd really love for her to have made some improvement.
Rooziedoo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!