View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

There are a few well recognized organization that do do training of dog trainers.
One run by Jean Donaldson in San Fran... I think San fran...
One done by Karen Pryor.
CPTA does do testing and tough to get through their requirements.
One done in Canada not great yet not even close. Sadly

Also a great way is to apprentice under a very good trainer.

But you are right anyone can slap dog trainer on a card and go teaching.
Have not a clue what they are doing Ei my sister in law. Ten foot pole be to close for her near my girl. Monks of skeet is the only thing she ever read and not seminars and no classes. Brains of that out fit was my brother..rehab rotties and Belgian Shepard's and started them for police forces around Canada and the states before he passed away.

Popped in I got sent something and I going to PM you with it. Big grin twitters been a flutter. to bad I do not twitter.....

Wee girl is stabilizing but still running way to high for my liking even with a lot of play time which in her case can be counter productive at times.
Thinking I may risk an Auntie visit and see if that no rules, eat raspberries off the bush, getting so dirty I think I may have to cut her hair all off and a little boyfriend time as in male dog Friend, kind of care will get her out of the rafters. Man I am tired. She going to be the death of me. Other reason to go is respite care for her gives me a brake. Tough being with her and at this level of stress for so long and not need a break. Even just a meal without worrying she could crash if I drop a pan.
Good news is she kept food in since last night... please let me not wake up at 6 am to I need to be sick Mum..
We have a change as well in her mantel behavior we had our first ever Sudmission pee. I had to leave the room not cause I was mad at her but any change is not a good thing and she never done that a before.

Quick call to vet right away and we are to hang tough till we can keep food in and see if we get a repeat.
Sorry Cindy did not mean to take over the thread. Your about the only one right now other then my vet that gets just how bad of shape we are in.
I am burnt.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!