View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
mnewco
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
My son has Shih Tzus, and I fallen in love with the little guy, they have the best personalities. The marking varies so much in dogs, I've had unneutered males who never mark the house, so much of it depends if they are around other dogs, and that's when they feel the need to start marking. My other son's dog, a Maltese, never marked and never even lifted his leg to pee, he was neutered early, and was over three when we got Joey, but when he came to visit us that must have kicked off his hormones, and he started marking (the body still makes some testosterone, even though the testes are gone). Another member here has 3 boys and one girl, and the only one that marks is the girl, so I guess you never know!

Nancy,

I read that girls can mark too but I thought it was a misprint. Wow! I didn't think that a girl would mark. I have female cats and they do not mark. I guess female dogs are different. That sure is interesting.

So far Niyah does not mark. I don't know if has to do with her being spayed or not and I have another female dog, a Samoyed. It must have to do with being around males which I don't have. I do have a male Sphynx that I have to watch out for because he will spray occasionally. I breed him once in a great while but have been thinking of neutering him. Thanks for educating me.

Last edited by mnewco; 08-12-2009 at 07:24 PM.
mnewco is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!