View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
yorkie_mama22
Currently Suspended!

Default Just wanted to share with you all my gift

I will say this first because I know this will probably stir up alot of drama so if you don't have anything positive to say, close this now and be on your way please! I am not looking to be talked down too or read rude comments. If you have any POSITIVE advice to share go ahead but no rudeness please I was really debating posting this but I wanted to share some joy and a wonderful story.

We met a lady last week who had a 10 month old yorkie girl looking for a new home. I chatted with this lady for a little while and learned that this sweet little girl was being rehomed for her third time. The lady had rushed into getting her a few weeks earlier and realized that she was just too much work and she couldn't give her the attention she thought she needed. I was very reluctant to go and meet her only because I felt perhaps it was too soon. My fiancee finally talked me into going to see her and see what happens so thats what we did. I told myself in the car I would NOT take her home unless I had a sign from Stormy that she was for us. So we got to the ladies house and out came this adorable big eared yorkie that was so similar to Stormy with her big bug eyes. She brought over her little butterfly toy and right away started playing with us. Of course after about 10 mins of play my daughter says to me " please mommy can we take her home " my fiancee was saying he wanted to take her that she was just so sweet. I still wasn't bought. She was cute, sweet, playful and seemed like a real great pup but I still didn't have that "feeling". On the way there to the ladies house the weather was just awful, it was a thunderstorm, raining like crazy. So the lady brought me all the papers for her from the vet and I went over all the records, everything was good, she was just at the vets and had her full vaccines and rabies shot done and had a whole page of different things they checked out and she passed everything.

The lady said to me come over here and let me show you all her stuff. She walked me over to her kitchen and on the table she had all of her things, bed, blankets, food, toys etc. Then she pulled out of a bag her leash set. As soon as I saw it, I got chills all over and the tears started to run down my face, the lady asked me What's wrong? I said that is the EXACT same set my other yorkie had

Maybe I am crazy, maybe I am stupid, maybe I made a mistake but that was enough for me to say this little girl was for us! I don't think Stormy could of made it any more clear then that, even the lady and her much older mother said you can't miss a sign like that!

Some of you may not agree with my decision, thats fine. I wasn't expecting to find another baby for quite some time, I wasn't really "looking" for a dog, I met this woman and it just so happen to work out like this.

I have taken alot of precautions at home with my other dog and they are not alone together at all, we have been keeping them seperate for much of the time, they have met and didn't have any issues. I really think Geneva thinks it is Stormy. She sniffed her and licked her a few times and then couldn't of been bothered by her. She has been acting really calm in the house and has not been playing rough at all unless it's with us outside being rough with her. I think she sensed something happen, I can't say for sure that she hurt Stormy so I went ahead and said I am going to try this out again. If I feel that this dog will be in any danger I will rehome her but for now we are doing EVERYTHING we can to keep this girl safe. My birthday was on Monday and my fiancee said that he couldn't of thought of a better gift for me. Tomorrow will be one month that Stormy passed and I really feel she was sent to me from her. I was having such a difficult time dealing with her death, I still am. But this new pup has brought alot of love and laughter back into our home and she is everything Stormy was and more. She does alot of the same little things Stormy did and she is extremely playful and smart. She is not afraid of anything and would just love to play all day. My daughter has been saying that this is Stormy's baby and she gave us her baby because she had to go to heaven.

Her name is Lola, she is 10 months old. I don't think shes purebred, she doesn't have reg. papers. I don't care though, she is so sweet,playful and healthy most of all. The lady said that she thinks she might be mixed with a poodle. She has really silky straight hair though but big ears so who knows.
Attached Thumbnails
Just wanted to share with you all my gift-010.jpg   Just wanted to share with you all my gift-011.jpg   Just wanted to share with you all my gift-024.jpg   Just wanted to share with you all my gift-052.jpg  
yorkie_mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!