View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
shannonroselive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Update: THE best news EVER!!!

I don't know if I mentioned this but I had been talking to the Mayo Clinic down in Florida for a couple weeks and it came down to the fact that I don't have the right cancer to be treated there without having to pay upfront. So, that was out.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from Evelyn from the Mayo Clinic. She's just the phone answer lady but she's who I had spoken to before. She called up so excited I couldn't understand what she was saying but I DID hear "endocrinologist" and made her stop and tell me who she was again. She said, "Oh, are you still interested?" OH MY GOD!!! Of course I am, I just didn't know what you were saying you were going so fast!!!
So she said after we got off the phone last time, she couldn't stop thinking about me and my story and that she went home that night to google the name of my cancer and she said "It IS rare!" So she went back to work and used all her lunch hours and extra time begging people to help me. Keep in mind, she isn't medical, just answers phones. She went to all the nurses and doctors she could find and told them I am a single mom and have to pay all this out of pocket and it's NOT fair that they won't take me because what I have IS rare and just because I don't have anymore money shouldn't mean there's no help.

Well, after going through everyone she could find she found one who could do what I needed. She found an actual endocrinologist at Mayo Clinic who will SPONSOR ME!!! Of course now I'm bawling and in shock and she's bawling telling me all this and she said the nurse was supposed to call but she begged them to let her call cuz she was so excited hahaha. So I told her I loved her best and she was my favorite and everything and she was very happy about that. So, then she said, the next step is to make sure I qualify financially LMFAO!!! I told her if I didn't, no one would! So, we're set! She's mailing the paper work and then I guess we roll down to Jacksonville Florida to get me well!!!

Say it with me! WE LOVE EVELYN!!!!!

And I love everyone who's been trying to help me get this worked out and all the good juju and prayers! xoxox YAY! I really appreciated all the help!

Oh, and to top it all off, Jackson (my 6 yr old) won his action figure on his first auction on ebay It's a good day.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!