View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #9
Cirlonde
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
He still hasn't realized, but hopefully he finally did today that she cannot be left to play on the floor without being watched. she's had an accident on our kitchen floor three times now because he keeps trying to do chores and let her play, i finally got through to him that he has to crate her if he can't focus his full attention on her or she's going to pee on the floor.

i think we might have made a breakthrough and he's realizing this now!!
I have this exact same problem with my husband!! I'm working so hard to be consistent with Chloe and my hubby just cannot stand to be the disciplinarian. This means he doesn't want to put her in the crate when he's busy doing something else. I finally convinced him that she's never going to be able to have the run of the house if he doesn't start follow my instructions!! That convinced him.

Also, he can't tell her no. If she's eating leaves, he just says very kindly "Now, Chloe...you can't chew on that." And then proceeds to explain to her why she can't eat leaves. I'm like..."Honey, she can't understand you. Just tell her no!" He's too soft-hearted!
-C
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!