View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

i have a 7 week old yorkie and she's outside training, it's harder somtimes due to weather such as (in the rain at 3am) but it's worth it to not have to clean it up all the time, we have a chicken wire fence built to keep her secluded in our yard away from the rest of the animals and other things out there, but she's also never left alone out there either, it's for her and my safety together. she goes almost on command and we've only had her for three days, she hears go potty and starts her sniffing process. we are also bell training her to tell me when she's got to go out. they don't learn overnight, but eventually they will learn to use the bell and go outside and then they learn to potty on command when told "go potty" or another command you decide on...try reading housetraining for dummies, it gives a detailed overview of all the types of training both indoor and outdoor training...

try a local library or petco petsmart for a copy.

thought i might add: she doesn't use a leash/harness yet, she's too little to learn to walk on it, she just gets picked up and put outside in her pen area and goes there every time, if i'm having a hard time of her going i'll either ignore her until she goes, or i'll take her into the big yard to play and she'll eventually go out there before playing like crazy...she's really good about going outside though.

Last edited by RachelandSadie; 08-11-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: add more
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!