View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
Shiloh B
Yorkie Talker

Default New Puppy-pee pads or outside?

Just thought I would get some suggestions from other yorkie owners. I have a 13 wk female that is using pee pads in her ex pen and I am also trying to get her to go outside. I live in a rural area, 3 acres not fenced, so when we go out she has to be leashed. Last night we had coyotes and an owl that decided to be out at the same time we were, so I am reconsidering trying to train her to outside and just using the pee pads inside. Where I live I it snows and I am starting to think this may become a problem also because I would have to leash her and stand in the wind and cold for along time before she will go. I have only had her a week so we are just starting all this but it will take about an hour of coming in and going out to get her to potty outside.

The problem is I am sort of old school and not a big fan of having any animal going potty inside. Where do I keep the pee pad when she is transitioning to more freedom? Right now she has an expen in the kitchen, but I don't want to have a pee pad in my kitchen for the next 12-15 years. How often do you change the pad? I notice it starts to smell after a few visits and I always pick the poo up immediately and flush it.

Open to suggestions, let me know what you think.
Shiloh B is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!