View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
Buster Bailey
Senior Yorkie Talker

I use Heartguard Plus monthly. It's a chewy tablet that my pups love & think is a treat! Heartguard is prescription only that I buy through my vet - I thought about going online to buy that one, but the vet charges a "prescription fee" if you don't go through them on the purchase. I don't think that Frontline is prescription. I also use that, but it is EXPENSIVE & I'm not sure how effective it is for Buster & Bailey (these are my first dogs as an adult). Buster got a tick on him two weeks ago, and I found a flea on Bailey the other day (I can't believe that it was only one - I've been looking like crazy every day & haven't seen any evidence of others - I'm pretty sure it was a flea though since it was so tiny & it jumped), so I don't know if I'll keep using Frontline. I bought a bunch of it at once so I could get some money off & rebates, so I'll use it at least until it's gone. I would definitely recommend putting your little one on heartworm medication, as it's a fatal disease that can be present for a long time before symptoms start to show, in many cases when they do, it's too late. Ah, the many choices to make!! Good luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!