Thread: OMG.....Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #9
bebeyorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Yes, I agree with this, that's the first thing I thought they checked, if food hasn't changed. Is there anyone else in the house that could be giving her extra treats that you don't know about. You know 25 calories here and there add up. When Joey needed to lose weight after a tricks training class, the vet said to cut his food by 1/3 and replace with a few frozen green beans. The green beans act as filler, and they aren't as hungry. I also use the green beans as treats; Joey loves them. Don't use the canned variety as most contain too much salt, and you don't have to cook green beans for long, just thawed, as they are precooked. Another thing, we do is play fetch at meal times, he runs and retrieves a toy for each piece of food he gets, poor baby has to work for his food, but he seems to enjoy it. I would also get a scale if I were you. I weigh Joey once a week so I know he's at a good weight and you can adjust calories through this. Joey lost about 1 or 2 ounces a week, and he had a almost a pound to lose, but losing weight slowly is the best way to go. I definitely would get the thyroid checked out. I will say, you are feeding much more than I feed Joey.

Really, How much do you feed Joey? How much does he weigh?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!