View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 04:55 AM   #5
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilize View Post
Ok, I love dogs and yorkies. I have two yorkies: Cash (2 year old male) and June (6 months old female).
Here is the dilemma: I have this dream of starting a great breeding program in the future. I was totally planning to breed June until this weekend. Now, I don't know if this is something that I want to do now. I am 23 years old and a journalist.

June is still largely a puppy. She hasn't changed coat and I suspect she will only go into heat at a later date, probably only at 10 months. She is also really small, only 3 lbs.

The reasons for not wanting to breed her anymore are: she is very small, I want her to have a great life, I don't know if I want to focus my life on this.

It is a really big decision to spay a dog. It is something that you can never change. I need the great people on YT to help ease my mind for what I need to do.
I would spay her and wait until you are ready for such a huge commitment.

Puppies take a lot of time, and the costs and risks of breeding are plentiful. And you are right, she is too small and could need a c section and that could mean that you have to commit to hand feeding puppies every 2 hours day and night for weeks.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!