View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Question leg lifting and seperation anxiety

Sorry if my countless threads get annoying, but I want to do what is best for my little one.
He has a habit of lifting his leg, which I was well aware of, but I would like a few opinions on how to go about training him.
Here at home, there are 2 other doggies. One belongs to my roommate, and the other to her boyfriend who doesn't live here. Both dogs have had accidents in the past, usually in the living room. My boy Kaji has not once tried to lift his leg in my room, the living room is another story. I also thought he might try to lift his leg at my parents house seeing as it was all new territory he could mark. Not once did he try to lift his leg there. I thought his lack of leg lifting upstairs or at my parent's house was because I watched him like a hawk, now I'm not so sure. He was neutered last Thursday (8/06) and I understand I won't see a change in him for a few weeks.
As soon as I we got back and he saw the other dog he lifted his leg inside the house.
Do you think this was an accident or was he trying to show the other dog that the stairs were his?
Can this be corrected or am I fighting for a lost cause?

Oh, I also have another issue I would like to nip in the bud. I'm afraid little Kaji might have gotten to attached to me and might suffer from seperation anxiety because of it. Any tips on how to correct this behavior also?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!