Thread: Still Issues...
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
TishaMoon
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinjt View Post
Austin is eight months. And while I can't really speak on two of your issues I will give you a suggestion for the stealing issue. Reward the thief.

Austin likes take all undergarments, books, pens, his water dish, ohhh and in hotels he finds all kinds of money. What I'v done in the last two months is NOT chase him as that only seems like a game to him and tell him the command "give to me". "Give it to me" and you will receive a treat. Yes he is still a thief but I say "give to me" and it gets dropped. Sometimes after he's run under the bed he'll forget but I keep repeating "give to me", pointed at what I want. I get it and depending on how mad I am he gets the treat.

I started this by getting him to bring me back a ball I'v thrown and then give him a treat. Now we are at a point where 50% of the time he'll even give it to me in my hand. Its kinda cool and has helped our relationship.
I have done that before. Like one time she had a paper towel with Windex on it and I was afraid of it harming her so I offered her a treat in exchange, even though I always felt bad rewarding her for that behavior. But it doesn't even seem to work anymore! She doesn't fall for getting the treat if she stands to lose her "prize".
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!