View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
hillies
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Bailey View Post
Bailey pulled her stitches out - not all at once, but a few different times. We caught her the first time, and then brought her back in to the vet. The vet told me about the onesie trick after that visit. Even after the onesie AND a plastic cone on her head, she managed to somehow get the remainder of the stitches out. Normally vets don't use dissolvable stitches on females because they want the girls to come back in & get checked out after the spay (at least that's what my vet told me). Juts make sure to observe the incision site & make sure she's not bleeding. Make sure to bring her back into the vet if you think something's wrong though. Normally the post-op care is covered with the spay fee. Hope all is well!
Thanks for the reply. Since she used laser on Stella for the incision, there was hardly any swelling or bleeding to begin with, so after five days of stitches, she was nearly healed. It does look like the top layer of skin is peeling off now as it heals, but I think that happens with any wound/scab even in humans. I'll still take her back next week to get the OK from the vet, but I don't think it's worth putting her through more stress to put more stitches back in if she's already healed enough that she doesn't need the stitches.
hillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!