View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 04:55 AM   #1
Janee
Yorkie Talker

Question Yorkie puppy at 6 weeks

Hi all,

I am new to this forum today having spent the past few weeks using it to help me in my quest for a new yorkshire terrier puppy.

I have a question which I'm sure will be a familiar one to some of you.

I found a litter of Yorkies for sale in the countryside (I live in Ireland) and so off I went to have a look. Everything seemed above board, I was able to see the whole litter together with their Mother. The Mother seemed friendly and the pups were approachable, they didn't shy away. The breeder assured me that the puppies would be wormed and vaccinated etc.

The only negative, was that all of the puppies seemed to have dry flaky skin. Some pups were worse than others, and the breeder told us that this was common in Yorkies...... that upon our purchase of our chosen pup, we would have to buy a suitable wash from our local vet to ease the problem.

Firstly I thought "well shouldn't you do this before you sell the puppy??" but I didn't say anything. Paid a deposit for the pup we liked and will not be collecting her until she is 9 weeks old.... which is just under 3 weeks away. So between now and then, I would like to assure myself that what the breeder has told me is true. Has anybody else here experienced this with their new ball of fluff?? I intend on having her fully checked out by my own vet when I get her, but would like to avoid unnecessary problems if possible

Many thanks,

J xxx
Janee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!