View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
Summer_76
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Omg Spontaneous peeing after neuter?

Hello, everyone. This is my first post here, though I've been lurking and gathering information here for the last several months.

My Yorkie, Maxwell, was neutered last Tuesday, and since then seems to have completely forgotten how to pee on a pee pad. Before the surgery, he was doing okay training-wise, though he had begun to lift his leg here and there, much to my dismay. Today, he peed five times off of the pee pad and only once on the pee pad. One of those off-pad pees was (purposely?) directed onto my pants leg.

When we--that is, my husband and I--caught him peeing off the pad, we did the training things we know: we sternly told him "no," put him on his pad, and told him to "potty on the pad."

Behaviorally, he has been happy and energetic since the surgery. His incision looks good and he doesn't seem too terribly bothered by it. He's eating okay, drinking okay, and seems in good spirits.

So, what could cause him to act this way? I feel like we've lost several months worth of training in just under one week.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Summer_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!