View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Since your dog isn't registered with the AKC, even if hers were registered, it still wouldn't allow you to be registered with the AKC. The AKC has strict registration requirement, and does do a through check to see if all the dogs were registered and had legitimate breeding rights. The CKC is much more lenient, and pretty much all you have to do is show pictures of the breeding pair, I think they will be register pretty much any dog, even mixed breeds, so I wouldn't worry about that, I don't think a CKC registration means anything, since you do not have to prove anything, and also you can not sell a dog without breeding rights, so every dog you sell automatically comes with breeding rights. As you may probably know, not every dog should be bred, and many people feel that unless a dog is a good representation of the breed, and has be thoroughly checked for a health risks, breeding is a poor idea. I'm sorry she lied to you, but this is so common with puppy buyers, they are always told that the dog is registered, but when they check up, they find this is often not the case.

If you question concerns whether you should keep your word even though she lied to you, I believe that you should still keep your word, and you have learned a valuable lesson, don't take anyone's word for something; check up on things yourself. It's really important to get both breeding dogs health screened and you should understand that your dog can get a sexually transmitted disease from the stud, and it's not wise to breed with just any dog that says yes.

Join today and remove this ad!