View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
kristy47
♥Sophie Belle's Mommy♥
Donating Member

Exclamation Help!!! Switched to xpen & crate, trouble pottying & barking

So, last night we bought Sophie a new xpen & crate so she can stay in the living room or bedroom and hear & see us when we're home. Also so she can see the cats and won't feel so lonely when we're not at home. Last night she barked for a LONG time but finally went to sleep and this morning she started again about 5:30 and quit once someone was in the room with her. I put her potty pad in there but she hasn't gone on it. When we let her out she found a spot on the carpet and went pee pee there instead. Apparently she hadn't gone pee or poop all night. She still hasn't pooped either. We had the pad on the side where she has been sitting and watching us so I moved it to the other side where she won't have a tendency to sit or lie down. I also bought some of the Simple Solution Spray at petsmart to put on the pad, too. At first she sniffed and rolled around in it, but didn't go potty. She's had 2 or 3 accidents today and each time I tell her no, I pick her up, and I place her in the xpen on the pad and say "potty". She still hasn't gotten it. She used pads great when we had her in the upstairs bathroom (we had 2 side by side and now I have 1 in the xpen), but she was experiencing terrible separation anxiety, thus prompting the thought-out purchase of the xpen and crate. She loved the crate and is sleeping in there now.

I assume the barking will eventually stop at night and during the day when we're not in the room, but what about the not going potty on the pads in the pen???? I don't want her to get sick because she won't potty in the pen! Are there any suggestions? Or should I just be patient and keep trying the way we have it now and wait it out? Again, I just don't want her to get sick because she's not going potty!

Also, if we take the pen & crate set up to a different room or when we are traveling, should I keep the same set up as far as where everything is placed?

To give everyone a better idea, here are some pictures of the set up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0975.jpg (152.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0976.jpg (166.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0977.jpg (182.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0978.jpg (155.6 KB, 16 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!