View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #15
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianne View Post
i asked for advice and that was all i love my dogs very much and would do nothing to harm them maggie is 4lb and oscar is 3.5lb
I don't think anyone here believes that you would intentionally do anything to put either of your dogs at risk. However, the deed has already been done. There was a risk in allowing them so many ties, especially unsupervised and there will be risks involved with her carrying and whelping a litter. The risks are there, regardless to if you are aware of them or if they were intentional. If you are unaware of the risks involved, then you certainly need to be advised--that is what others were trying to convey--so that you understand the seriousness of the situation.

Again, I don't believe for one second that you meant any harm, but the situation is not ideal and obviously it is upsetting for those who DO realize the dangers and risks involved to read and just sit back and ignore.

As for advice, which is what you are requesting: make sure you have a vet that you feel comfortable with that is willing to help you. Your knowledge regarding the breed process seems very limted, judging from your comments/questions/assumptions so you will need to rely heavily on others to help guide you through the process. I would suggest that you find an experienced breeder willing to help you out and assist during the whelp. When momma nears her due date, she will need to be closely monitored at all times and will need to be in her environment where she is comfortable, so prepare for that in advance. Find a quality, high protein puppy food for her to eat now, if you have not already.

Good luck.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!