View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sferrini View Post
my babies are 4 1/2 weeks old(actually One month today), I was told by the previous owners that she normally always weans her babies at 5 1/2 weeks but over the past few days it doesn't seem like them have been eating as much and when I weighed them, they actually dropped an oz. So I fed them food yesterday and today. The girl eats it up real good and the boy is a little slower but gets it.

This morning they were feeding off of her and she all of a sudden got up and when they tried to feed again, she growled at them. Is this signs of her starting to wean them?

She is not mean to them and stayed in the box. I did feed them the mush so they ate.
Sounds like she is tired of them. I am going thru the same thing right and had to start feeding mine at 4 weeks. I put mama in every four hours and hold her down and place each pup on a teat. The small puppies get the fattest teat. i continuee to hold her until the babies fall asleep or get very still. I just pat her and rub her head and etc to keep her calm. Next week I will leave mama out all day only putting her in at night. Mine will be six weeks on Tuesday.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!