View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 06:00 AM   #13
vwill
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Bailey View Post
I have littermates, brother & sister. They play together ALL THE TIME, and it sounds vicious, but it's not. Here are some signs that they are playing: tails up/wagging, if one yelps, the other one stops (and doesn't bite any harder), if one gets a drink, the other one stops & lets them. We got Buster & Bailey at 11 weeks old, and now they are 9 1/2 months old. They still play like crazy and get very loud, but it's all just play. We got them spayed & neutered at the same time, right around 6 months old and haven't had any problems in that department. We also kennel them together. It's a lot more work than I had originally anticipated, but well worth it! Make sure to train them one-on-one, as they can't learn very well together since they can be a distraction to each other (this goes for walks too). Mine walk together almost all the time now, but when they were first learning to walk on a leash, I took them for walks one at a time. Enjoy the new additions to your family!

I think Buster Bailey is 100% right. It does really sounds vicious at first, but what you described sounds like my boys when they play. Usually the one that yelps is the one that starts up the play again too As long as they let up when one yelps (I think thats like "Uncle!" or telling the other one they've gone too far), its just playing. They do settle down too. One usually poops out, and then they are back to snuggling with each other. I am SO SO SO happy we got two littermates! They are such buddies! You will never regret it!!
vwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!