View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 05:49 AM   #12
Buster Bailey
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayley View Post
I am going to get them both neutered so that wont be a problem. I am a little bit concerned about their play. They start off playing quite nicely but it turns quite vicious to the extent where one will yelp and run off but then they start again straight away. I intervene at this point and distract them but I am worried about when I leave them alone. will they settle down?
I have littermates, brother & sister. They play together ALL THE TIME, and it sounds vicious, but it's not. Here are some signs that they are playing: tails up/wagging, if one yelps, the other one stops (and doesn't bite any harder), if one gets a drink, the other one stops & lets them. We got Buster & Bailey at 11 weeks old, and now they are 9 1/2 months old. They still play like crazy and get very loud, but it's all just play. We got them spayed & neutered at the same time, right around 6 months old and haven't had any problems in that department. We also kennel them together. It's a lot more work than I had originally anticipated, but well worth it! Make sure to train them one-on-one, as they can't learn very well together since they can be a distraction to each other (this goes for walks too). Mine walk together almost all the time now, but when they were first learning to walk on a leash, I took them for walks one at a time. Enjoy the new additions to your family!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!