View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
zuzismom
Yorkie Yakker

Rainbow Zuzi went to the Rainbow Bridge

My little Zuzi went to the Rainbow Bridge on 7/25/09 while DH and I were on vacation. She was 15.5 yrs old, mostly blind and deaf. She had congestive heart failure but she was on medicine for over a year and a half and was doing well.

She just started slowing down a lot the week before we left. DH brought her to the vet and she was checked over. The vet said she seemed to be doing well.

Unfortunately the night we left she pretty much stopped taking her meds and was eating very little. By the next Saturday she was so thin and sick from not taking her meds she had trouble breathing.

My dear SIL brought her to the vet and per our written wishes, Zuzi was put down and cremated. We didn't find out until the day before we came home. I'm glad my mom was visiting and I asked her how all the dogs were doing. She hesitated so I asked straight out if Zuzi had died. She told me she had passed away.

I had a lovely vacation backpacking the Wonderland Trail in Washington state. It was a bittersweet return to my home. I have two Labradoodles who are the sweetest dogs and so happy to see me. I keep thinking I see little Zuzi, but it usually just a dog toy.

I miss her so much. For such a little dog, she put a big hole in my heart.

Shelley
zuzismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!