View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
Dame
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblPopElectrc View Post
I understand how frustrating that is. It's especially sad when the person sees the dog doing it and then doesn't discipline them.
To me, that's one of the most frustrating thing in the world.

Loose dogs scare the pants off me - several years ago I used to take mass transit and walk home. There was this one particular dachshund on the street I had to walk down to go home. It was a fenced in yard but the man who lived there often left the gate open. I was lucky enough to get attacked by this dog on 5 separate occasions. I thank god to the fact that I've always worn thick jeans and sneakers and he was never able to break the skin.

The worst part of the whole deal was that fact that the jerk KNEW. Every single time he would come out to call his dog. How? Because the entire neighborhood could hear me screaming for help as I am running back and forth across the street with the dog running or being dragged behind me. Never once did I get an apology, and never once did he stop leaving his gate open. (I tired contacting the township but it never seemed to do anything since I had no proof of the attack.)

Some people are just idiots or just don't care. I carry "Halt" dog repellent every time I go walking alone or with Winston now. Its what my mail person recommended to me. Thankfully I've never had to use it yet, but I always have on hand now in case I do.
Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!