View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
neenahlawncare
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Your boy looks pure yorkie to me. That is a weird meeting. Did you talk to this person about the dog before setting up the meeting? Did she give you any information about his age, vaccinations records, etc? Is he neutered?

The Yorkshire Terrier standard just says they should not be over 7 lbs. The ideal color would be blue and gold and these ideal coat texture is silky.

Best of luck with you new boy. It sounds like he is lucky to have found you.
The lady we got him from was in an email from Craigslist and said a bunch of stuff, like he was not neutered, and he had allergies once in awhile when he stays outside for few hours with us. We took everything with a grain of salt she said and went from the burger king meeting right to the vet to get him check out. The vet did give us allergy meds, he also confirmed that he was not nuetered. He also said he had problems in his rear legs due to lack of exercise, so he put him on meds and he now loves walks and running around the yard. We have a Chihuahua and those two play so hard that you can hardly tell he has/had problems with his rear legs. When you picked him up they would click, you cant hear it but you could feel it, now we cant feel it that much. We have only had him for about 6-7 months, she didnt say how old he was but vet placed him at around 2-3 yrs based on teeth. He is a healthy little guy now thank goodness, but will say i have never spent this much on a dog before, grooming, vetting, meds, and of corse clothes. but i will say it is worth every penny he is a fun affectinate dog. Our Chihuahua just stays under his covers and the yorkie plays and barks and growls at us when we play. good stuff..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!