View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyag9 View Post
Pixel never used to lick very much at all and so I think *I* may have caused this because every time he would be nippy (not in an aggressive way) while playing, I would "yelp," say "no bite give kisses" and take my attention away. Well it worked with the nipping. He is hardly ever mouthy now and if he ever starts to I just say uh uh and he immediately licks me like he's saying he's sorry. Soooo is he wanting to bite me constantly so he's licking instead because he kisses me CONSTANTLY now!! I can't stand it!! If he's touching me, he is licking me. I feel badly fussing with him about it, because he's being so sweet and giving kisses, but it's getting REALLY old. He would lick, lick, lick me all damn day if I let him!!!! I love him but not THAT much lol Anyone have any advice for this? I'd really rather not continue to be a doggy pop! LOL
i think you've got a case of "trading one bad habit for the lesser evil" i would just move the body part away that he is licking on and say stop that. he might get the point there. your skin probably has a salty taste to it like most people and doggies just love that taste. i would give him a toy or something to keep him occupied and start training "no lick" the same way you did "no bite" maybe that might help him.
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!